This product is used to cover three functions which can occur concurrently in grazing cattle.
- Protein & Energy shortage
- Magnesium imbalance / deficiency – Grass Tetany
- Calcium imbalance
Protein & Energy shortage where dry frosted native pasture is the mainstay of the diet. At the same time we can be confronted with a situation where a late break means green pasture is only available as a short pick, which creates it’s own set of problems. Firstly there isn’t enough green feed available to overcome the protein and energy shortage in the dry frosted feed, but there is sufficient to cause nutritional disorders such as Grass Tetany and Calcium imbalances in breeders at calving.
Grazing Transition in addition to the protein and minerals is an excellent palatable source of magnesium, salt and anionic salts for grazing cattle in Grass Tetany (Hypomagnesaemia) and Calcium problem prone areas.
The inclusion of Magnesium with salt and the anionic salts in a palatable carrier such as molasses ensures cattle will accept these otherwise unpalatable but essential nutrients in reducing risk of Grass Tetany.
Molafos 15 Grazing Transition supplies the necessary magnesium as well as salt to correct the sodium to potassium ratio, which is necessary for the absorption of magnesium from the rumen. The anionic salts help improve blood calcium and magnesium levels by stimulating the animal to mobilize these minerals from their bones.
The calcium imbalance is often associated with low magnesium conditions and leads to difficult births, retained foetal membranes and in extreme cases milk fever. The warning signs for these problems are breeders dripping milk 2 to 3 days prior to calving indicating that there is a shortage of blood calcium. The calcium is used in muscle contraction and a shortage means dripping milk as described above and slow, difficult births, retained membranes and cows that are slow to clean up.
The balance of minerals in Molafos 15 Grazing Transition is designed to cover these situations with one palatable simple to feed product fed out at a rate of 1 to 1.5 kg / head / day (1litre = 1.3 kg).
MOLAFOS GRAZING TRANSITION FEATURES INCLUDE
- Unique Molafos feed system
- Balance of protein, energy and minerals
- Ingredients are held in solution
- Molasses based
- Flows at temperatures as low as -10°C
MOLAFOS GRAZING TRANSITION BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Palatable and accepted by stock on all country types
- Molasses provides energy (sugars) and acts as a carrier for magnesium, salt and anionic salts for grazing cattle in Grass Tetany (Hypomagnesaemia) and Calcium problem prone areas.
- Controllable intake and cost allows for a budget to be compiled for entire supplement program at commencement
- Provides optimal rumen bacteria function
- Suitable for all types of cattle regardless of body condition
- Encourages stock to forage further and less selectively
- Improves growth rates through increased dry matter intake of hay / dry pasture
- Contains a blend of Inorganic and Organic Minerals for improved availability and rumen bacterial health
- Use of all soluble ingredients results in even distribution throughout with no separation of protein and minerals
- Molafos is more dense than water, hence water sits on top uncontaminated by minerals or urea